Tuesday, August 28, 2007

clean cup, clean cup, move down, move down

I write every day, and not just for work. I write for in here every day. But I don't post it. My drafts folder is littered with a good dozen or so entries - some farther along than others. It's not that I'm a harsh editor (have you SEEN the sheer girth of some of my entries?) - but I'm picky about what I show you. I want, as much as possible, to write about things that matter, and funny things, and things that make me think. And sometimes, when I'm driving or sitting on the bus, dreaming up these great chestnuts that I'm going to bring to The Creamery, the nebulous idea is just so much better than the real thing.

So that's where we're at. I think that a few of the drafts are still worth saving. They're just going to take longer than one sitting to get them right. And please don't go expecting The Great And Powerful Entry from me - just the same stuff. The muse is as fickle as any - and maybe that 100th peanut butter and honey sandwich scared her off for the afternoon.

Until then, we'll move down to a clean cup - after all, The Mad Hatter got it right: sometimes you just need a change of scenery.

No comments: