Tuesday, November 15, 2011

how we see things

Hello.  I write to you from the semi-reclined position as Alice stumbles around the living room watching television.  We are both sick for the second time in less than a month.  I know I sound bitter.  I kind of am bitter.

Except, when I think about all that I have to be grateful for this year - and especially at this time of year - I can't be that bitter.  I mean, sure, we don't live in a huge rambling house or have every physical creature comfort we'd like to have (I'm looking at YOU, sciatica)---- but I think it's all in how we see things.  And when I try to see things as they really are, with the plenty we enjoy and full bellies and a happy Alice and a healthy Polly and I get to have Chip home every night with me, I can't be bitter.  Just grateful.

But I am still sick.

Let's see what tomorrow holds.

2 comments:

clueless but hopeful mama said...

Sorry to hear it Whimsy. I hope that Alice does a good job bringing you glasses of water and stacks of books.

Feel better soon!

Andrea said...

Sure do hope you feel better soon! I missed reading you while I was not writing. I am back but I quit Herding Cats and started a new blog "Are we there yet?" in case you wanted to come by--I couldn't transfer my old followers along. Hope you're better soon!