Nothing connects these things, it's what happens to my brain these days when not regularly exercised.
- - -
The paci removal project is done and gone, as far as I'm concerned. We're actually able to talk about pacifiers around Alice without her getting upset and weird about it, asking me to get hers back from the store. My feelings about the experiment follow:
1. Having Alice give the paci's to a completely unconnected stranger (aka the clerk at the pet store) was exactly what we needed to do. If it had been Chip or me taking them away, she would have seen us as an enemy. This way, whenever we talked about it afterward, especially when she was asking about where they were and suggesting that maybe we get them back, I was able to say that they were at the store and then discuss her awesome fish. A nice deflection, there.
2. Speaking of the store clerk, it turns out that we gave her a once-in-a-lifetime experience, because as we were leaving, she told us that she'd never had someone pay with pacifiers before and couldn't wait to tell her friends about it.
3. I should have considered more deeply the fact that I would become the Designated Fish Caretaker. I'm curious how many of my goldfish and hamsters that my mom was feeding, caring for, and when I wasn't in the room--- watching? Because the other thing that I wasn't expecting is how mind-numbingly entertaining they are. Or, at least, how one can spend an HOUR in front of the aquarium in slack-jawed awe.
4. They're all still alive, btw. And of course, now that I've said it out loud and now that our two-week warranty is up, I'm expecting a dramatic fishy death any day now.
5. Also, despite my best imaginings, no new baby fish either.
6. One side effect of the paci removal is that Alice is now strangely worried about losing everything. I'm answering this question on a regular basis: Can I keep ___?---- as in, Can I keep my toothbrush? Can I keep my blanket? Can I keep Olivia the Pig?
- - -
I think it's a product of brain calcification that I'm THIS excited for a new season of Super Why to have started on Monday.
On that note:
1. Has Super Why jumped the shark since they added a cuddly talking dog to their group of Super Readers?
2. It would appear that Wonder Red has a new disturbing hip gyration in her rhyming dance. Has anyone else noticed this?
3. And further, either the kid doing the voice for Pig is going through puberty, or they've recast the dude, because: TOTALLY DIFFERENT VOICE.
4. Lastly, I think the writers are actually trying to age Baby Joy - because the baby who was merely crying and laughing and had barely any hair at all for several seasons is now sporting a flowing mane of toddler hair and talking up a storm. It's weird, is what I'm saying.
- - -
Do you think it's weird that Alice runs around the house at 7pm singing WHEEEEEEL --- OF --- FORTUNNNNNNE!!!!!!!!!!!!
- - -
I'm not ashamed to admit that I watched All My Children yesterday, and plan to do so again tomorrow and Friday. It's the last few days of an institution, after all. Plus: Sarah Michelle Gellar talking about vampires!
- - -
I miss milk.
When I'm pregnant I can't consume milk in ANY form without serious consequences. No more needs to be said about the particulars.
But I really do miss milk, especially in the frozen dessert form.