Thursday, September 25, 2008

come all ye faithful

To: Avid Target Fans
From: Whimsy (another Avid Target Fan)

Re: In Case You Weren't Sure It Existed


I have visited the Perfect Target, and it is located in Kalispell, Montana. It is as fantastic and mesmerizing as you imagined. The aisles are wide, the selection is astounding, and the store is ginormous. There are virtually no other customers. The checkers are efficient and friendly. The shelves are fully stocked with every Target Wonder imaginable.

The kids and baby section, in particular, is quite impressive. Every size onesie and sleeper is in stock. Every cute blanket and toy is in spectacular order.

The Perfect Target, as can be expected from the Perfect Target, holds even your husband's attention and has him making remarks like, "Wow - this is really the best Target we've ever shopped." This coming from a man who simply doesn't notice things like this and isn't a Shopping Fan in general.

As befitting the Perfect Target, I will be going back today. Purely for all you Target Fans who can't be here, I'm taking one for the team.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have serious Target envy. Enjoy a widely spaced, fully stocked aisle for me, please.

Kristi said...

Thanks for the sacrifice. I'm a serious Target junkie, and I'm so jealous right now!!

Heidi said...

Ooh, all the baby sizes in stock? That IS impressive!

(p.s. Thanks for stopping by, that was very thoughtful! You are so fun and Alice is beautiful).

stacie d said...

I don't believe it. I don't think such a Target Wonderland exists. You must have dreamed it up.

If I was to go along with this trickery, I'd say that it sounds GLORIOUS!!! Absolutely FANTASTIC! I hope you go back as much as possible before you leave town.

artemisia said...

I never understood everyone's fascination with Target, as my first experience was at one in northern Virginia in a less than economically prospering neighborhood. It was dirty, crowded and always out of THE ONE THING I needed.

Then I saw the Billings, MT Target and finally! I get it.

Enjoy!

wandering nana said...

One of the rude awakenings I had when we moved to Wa from Utah was how crappy (good word) the Target's and Walmarts are in our area. I loved the Target in Sandy and the new Walmart and maybe that is why these aren't wonderful here because they are older. Hope you're enjoying yourself and don't buy too much... remember that 2nd bag will cost you "}

Alice said...

you mean... targets can get EVEN BETTER?? and here i thought they were already at the pinnacle of shoppingdom :-)

Whimsy said...

The countdown continues. I'm headed to TARGET soon, just waiting for Chip to come back to the hotel, and for Alice to wake up from her nap.

Swistle said...

It's Target MECCA.

Pickles and Dimes said...

{heavenly chorus singing]

I love Target so much. At Jason's 15th class reunion, they had everyone answer trivia questions about the year 1993 and no one was really filling out the answers. Then they said they were giving out Target gift cards to the winners.

We filled that sucker out ASAP and won $10. Awesome.

Eleanor Q. said...

I could spend hours upon hours browsing at a good Target. What a way to make an already good vacation even better.

Amanda said...

Ooooh, you're lucky!

Thanks for taking one for the team, we really appreciate it!

Amy said...

Totally jealous, but happy that you got to enjoy it on my behalf! Thanks!

Maggie said...

I also have Target envy. And I've never been to Montana either. I think I am getting the double short end of the stick.

But knowing that Montana has the best Target ever might just make me more likely to visit...