Monday, March 29, 2010

how to make fairy flags

This is the stuff of gauzy dresses
frothy wings of pink
afternoons of make-believe
and
tiny cakes adorned with
wee flirty flags...
How to Make Fairy Flags

Step 1.
Ingredients: a glue gun (mine is a terrible curmugeon), some kebab skewers, a selection of ribbon (any will do), and a pair of scissors.

Step 2.
Take your piece of ribbon.
Step 3.
Put a small dab of blue on the ribbon - and work fast for these next few steps since the glue will start to set and harden very quickly.


Step 4.
Place the skewer on the dab of glue.

Step 5.
Wrap the ribbon around the skewer with your fingers.


Step 6.
Trim the ribbon.


Step 7.
If you don't need the skewer full-sized, you can cut it down and use the remaining piece to make another fairy flag.


You are done.
But here's a warning: they are addictive. You will want to make more.


Use them for adorning presents.
And cupcakes.
And birthday cakes.


Or just because.



5 comments:

Pickles and Dimes said...

So pretty! I LOVE these posts.

wandering nana said...

These are soooo cute. I've never seen them before.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

So darn cute and so easy. Thanks, I'll probably use this for my Achievement Day girls.

Alicia said...

Yay! I can do this one! I even own a glue gun!

clueless but hopeful mama said...

Okay, I LOVE these. Problem is, I can't find our glue gun. Can I use craft glue?? Or will it not work? I think Z's bday cupcakes may need some fairy flags! *I* may need some fairy flags JUST BECAUSE!