Friday, January 28, 2011

fashion sense



I can't imagine where she gets it from---




this desire to layer.



The leggies OVER the sweater leggings seemed like a bit of overkill, but what's a mother to do?




My cousin Kristen told me once, "Eventually you have to let go of the part of your ego that's wrapped up in how they dress." This, she says to me after she finished telling the story about her daughter's favorite get-up (was it fairy wings and galoshes and a hat and a thick plaid sweater?...something like that, I'm sure).




She's right, you know. My ego and this one's clothing choices are closely intertwined.




But right now, I'm not sure if that's a bad thing.




I think she looks very smart.









3 comments:

Rose said...

She's too cute!

Jayme said...

Seeing the combos of clothing my daughters wear is one of my favorite parts of parenting :)

Alicia said...

I'm telling you, it's a sign of good things to come, the layering.

And I agree - one of my favorite parts of parenting. Boys don't do this.