Monday, February 15, 2010

minionlympics I: a brief interlude




You know how during the Olympics they have those Heartwarming Stories of Atheletes Overcoming Huge Obstacles with the softly focused camera shots and the plinky plinky piano music throbbing with emotion in the background?

Think of this post as something like that.

Or not.

Because it's not much like that. But we're experiencing a bit of a delay with the awards and the closing ceremonies of the Minionlympics. Let's just say that we're having difficulty finding the torch runner (i.e. there's a delay with the award delivery... i.e. I'm a little bit slower with the making of the Creamies than intended). Awards and closing ceremony tomorrow!

While it won't make you cry or think wistfully about the turns your own life would have taken if you had dedicated your athletic career to ice skating (dude I love the Olympics)--- let's talk about the answers to The Creamery Quiz.


1. Whimsy once fell into an open refrigerator and had difficulty getting out.
Oh so sadly TRUE.

2. One of the grossest things Whimsy ever witnessed (and photographed) is:
Two slugs making baby slugs on the side of her house (I'm sorry - really really sorry).

3. When Chip stayed at the haunted hotel, how many other guests stayed there that night?
None, which was almost as creepy as his experience at the hotel.

4. Who is Winston?
Whimsy's dad.

5. Chip is deathly afraid of snakes.
Very false. He is, however, deathly afraid of SPIDERS as seen here.

6. According to Whimsy, the perfect chip accompaniment to a peanut butter and jelly sandwich is nacho cheese Dorritos.
Absolutely true.

7. At a Day After Thanksgiving sale, Whimsy bought the following item for $5:
What else would posess a tried-and-true LOVER OF SLEEP to get up at 3am? A food processor, of course.

8. Whimsy's parents live in:

9. The furry monsters are:
Fergus and Phoebe. Here and here and here...

10. When she was pregnant with Bean, Whimsy had a specific food craving for:
Sour cream and onion dip. She even convinced Chip to try it... on a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. She did NOT CRAVE BEANS. In fact, there were several instances when she threw Chip out of the car / house / smelling range for consuming beans of any kind. (I can't find the link... don't know what's wrong with me.)


Now. Tune in tomorrow for the FANTASTIC MINIONLYMPICS CLOSING CEREMONIES AND AWARD EXTRAVAGANZA - you're all invited, of course!



7 comments:

Spadoman said...

Better do it tomorrow. I'm leaving town early Wednesday morning for New Mexico! (and some sunshine).
This was a lot of fun. I love the interaction and participation.

Anonymous said...

Are there any other worthy Doritos flavors other than nacho cheese? I prefer mine doused in french onion dip. Very healthy AND promotes wonderful breath.

Rose said...

That was fun! I knew at least one of those answers, but I didn't have time to do the survey, so I didn't send it to you! But yeah, who could forget the slug whoopee? :) Looking forward to the closing ceremonies tomorrow! I know I didn't win, but I'll be cheering for Wandering Nana! :)

Alicia said...

Can I just say that I "missed" the slugsex the first time, so I had the good fortune of combing through your archives JUST for that picture. Yummmm.

Heidi said...

Hahhahaa the slug story! I laughed so hard I was crying when I first read it!

I can't wait until you come up with another contest. This one was fun!

Jayme said...

I am waiting with baited breath to find out the results...


(Is it too late for one more GO ALICIA?)

wandering nana said...

Can I just say "We have a signal." That may not be such a big deal to some of you but to me it is pure bliss (otherwise I wouldn't be sending this message, but then again you wouldn't know it anyway). I left the warmth of Seattle and I'm now in "Hell" as the Mr referes to it. I'm in a small, very small population 250 and I know that 10 of that are the 4 legged creatures that live in my mom's house (well 6 do, the other 4 are here visiting). I have rarely been able to get cell phone reception let alone wireless internet. I use to have to trudge (don't you like that) over to my sisters house to use the net. They got wireless a few months ago (God bless them) and so I actually can use my lap top. This is nice, because they have four foot snow drifts, 10 degrees and wind blowing which makes it seem even colder. So I'm telling you, Whimsey, all this so you would know that you have created a story telling monster. Thank you. "}